Friday, December 11, 2009

~A Letter To My Best Friends~



I'm gonna miss those girls,

The two who know me best.

Finding such great friends,

I'm luckier than the rest.


It wasn't too long ago,

When we met back in snow.

Friendship came easy,

And we swore to never let it go.


Amy helped me from the start,

packing in bags of shoes,

while talking and laughing,

eating away those homesick blues.

Lauren kept me company,

On the other side of the room,

with all of her funny stories,

and the dreaded alarm clock of doom.


Year one went by fast,

The KK started year two.

Many challenges came into our lives,

But friendship and love we always knew.


Always there for each other,

Best friends through it all.

A simple shoulder to cry on,

No deed was ever too small.


Now our lives are moving on,

With future paths ahead.

So many things to come,

Though some things I dread.


I'm gonna miss those girls,

Though I know they'll always be there.

Not Distance nor time will change,

This special bond we share.


They changed my life,

Saving me in so many ways.

It will be impossible to forget,

The memories will never haze.

Amy and Lauren,

Words cannot begin to say,

How much you mean to me,

Each and every single day.


My best friends,

You will always be.

I love you both so much,

Love me!


1 comments:

lauren elizabeth said...

Oh Lexie,
I cried I love that so much! I love you. You really are the best friend that anyone could ever ask for. I'm so glad that Snow picked us to be friends and roommates.