Friday, February 4, 2011

Silence is what I seek, 
But my mind refuses to back down.
So many thoughts; 
worries and fears of now look to
THE FUTURE...
Where freedom lies.
For now, I cannot escape my world,
A prisoner of my own misfortune.
Locked in a place I don't belong,
Where diversity is the enemy,
And acceptance requires submission.
Born into my own hostile hell,
Where seeds are crushed as they bloom.
The questions I have of my world and my God,
Silenced by the overwhelming mob. 
Protesting to join the conformity
Finding no worth in the individual one.
You see it's a single goal, a simple mission.
Laid out long ago, no other paths to choose.
To lose your way is not an option.
Wanderers are lost and alone, left behind and forgotten;
Condemned by their very own trustees.
So authenticity or mediocrity? 
A simple choice yet not so simple.
My nagging fears discourage my escape,
But my heart is determined to be free.
To every great discovery, much sacrifice is suffered.
The cost of freedom, obviously not free.
The question now, is it worth the risk?
I cannot see the future, but I know the past.
I am more than this, and willing to fight.
Mediocrity, well that's just not me.
I will not live a lie hiding behind a mask.
I refuse to cage my adventurous soul;
It hungers knowledge and thirsts for existence,
A feast fit for the King who has lived,
And living is what I aim to do!

1 comments:

Amy Mattson said...

Dear Lexie,
I love you.
And miss you.
And, I am really proud of you.

Love, Amy