Sunday, March 1, 2009

Along the Way

Somewhere along the way I let you in.

You explored parts of my soul like no one else.
I let you in and you stole my heart,
You took it and played with it like a child's toy.

Somewhere along the way you shattered my heart.
Here it lies in bits and pieces.
Still beating, but struggling to hang on.
The damage will forever show.

Somewhere along the way I decided I need you.
To you I gave my heart and soul.
I will never know why it wasn't enough,
But our memories I will cherish forever.

Somewhere along the way you decided to leave.
You left so suddenly, no warning, no goodbye.
Now I am left to mend my broken heart.

But...
Somewhere along the way I will be okay.
Somewhere along the way someone new will hold my heart.
Somewhere along the way love will come back to me.
Somewhere along the way I'll look back at you and smile.
Somewhere along the way I'll thank you.
And somewhere along the way I'll let you go.
Just not today.

0 comments: